You will have expert knowledge of Curtain Walling and Architectural Glazing and have previous experience in project management. This role is pivotal to the success of our contracts and will involve close involvement and communication with all disciplines in the supply chain and our customers. You will be required to work between site and the office, with visits as necessary to key suppliers or clients from time to time.
The Project Manager will report to the Construction Director.
- Ensure that the design, procurement, manufacturing and installation programmes are produced in a timely manner, agreed with and communicated to all concerned, and updated as required.
- Ensure that the programmes are managed to ensure the timely and cost-efficient flow of information and goods across the supply chain.
- Ensure that budgets are known at the outset of the contract and that costs are managed throughout the duration of the contract to bring the contract to completion within budget and in the most efficient way possible.
- Ensure that all parties involved on our contracts (both internal and external) recognise and adapt to the high-quality outputs expected of us from our customers and that the tools provided by the Quality Management System are fully utilised (and adapted where necessary) to facilitate this.
- Site Safety statements and specific risk analyses are produced, updated as required and communicated to all relevant parties.
- To ensure that safe methods of work are employed by all personnel employed by the company.
- Filing systems are in place and utilised for all required Health & Safety Documentation for contracts in your control.
- New employees, employed on your contracts receive Company and site safety inductions and are made aware of all relevant Safety and Health considerations in the undertaking of our works on site.
- Plant & Equipment is inspected and certified as required, and that copies of relevant documentation are available / filed on the site.
- Ensure that contractors are employed with sufficient numbers and the necessary skills, to satisfactorily complete our works on time, within budget, safely and to the highest standards.
- Ensure that our business is conducted on-site in the most professional manner possible in the interests of continued relationships with our important customer base.
- Actively partake in continuous improvement initiatives important to the company, and communicate any shortcomings or ideas which will enable the company to improve our performance.
- Prepare and issue progress and financial reports on a defined time basis (weekly or monthly as necessary) necessary for efficient and effective company management systems.
- Ensure that diaries and contract related correspondence are kept and filed throughout the duration of the contract and that these are collated and archived as appropriate following the completion of the contract.
- Collate and issue the contract safety file to our customer at or prior to, the completion of the contract.
- Excellent ability to communicate openly at all levels, and with both internal and external parties.
- Knowledge of modern construction techniques is vital to the role.
- Knowledge of Curtain Walling and Architectural Glazing technologies is vital to the role.
- Drawing Interpretation Skills – must be able to fully interpret and understand all of the information given on Architectural and Engineering drawings pertinent to our industry.
- Computer Skills: Basic to Intermediate skills are required in the following:
- Report generation in line with company policy and procedure (Word / Excel)
- Review of details generated on AutoCad
- Microsoft Outlook – e-mail generation and management
- Microsoft Project – Programme generation and management
- Civil Engineering or Construction/Project Management qualifications/expertise.