Reporting directly to the Construction Director with responsibility for a design team of 15, with offices in Mildenhall, Attleborough, Cannock and Madrid
- Formulating and managing the programming of both internal and external design resources whilst working to a budget.
- Providing direction and drive to the design office and external designers.
- Implementing measures within the team to identify and capture variations at source and notify Project Managers.
- Weekly reviews with Design Office Managers/Senior Designers and present an overview at Operational meetings.
- Implement Measures within the team to submit technical data for approval on a project by project basis.
- Continuous development of the team and identifying any skill deficiencies.
- Identifying & implementing training
- Consideration of other strategies to reduce any associated costs, for example Structural Engineer, consultants.
- Monitor/Review design in the team before being released to the client.
- Strong design knowledge of glazing, cladding and façade technology.
- Familiar with design software packages to include: Autocad, Solidworks, Revit
- Ensure CDM is implemented in the design and the designs comply with current regulations and standards.
- Understanding of BIM
- Responsible for overseeing the all Design offices and to include regular visits
The ideal person will have:
- Previous experience in a similar position from within the industry.
- Excellent technical ability.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Strong management skills.
- Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement.
- The ability to prioritise work, within competing deadlines and use initiative in a variety of situations
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that is experiencing growth and offers development going forward.
In return we offer a competitive salary package to include a generous car allowance and excellent working conditions. Flexible location opportunities with offices in Mildenhall, Attleborough and Cannock. Applications in the first instance to Debbie Calver to include covering letter, CV and salary expectations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly state the position you are applying for.