A crucial company role preparing full tender submissions from detailed drawings and specifications, primarily on large glazing packages which encompass a broad spectrum of other trades and materials to provide a total envelope package, typically ranging from £5m to £15m.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into a fast-paced environment, where no two jobs are the same, and will have the ability to identify, assess, inject new ideas, Value Engineer, scope and communicate issues that may have design, cost or time implications. Provide total project cost summaries from first principles and provide technical tender submission documents with assumptions, exclusions and pricing schedules.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Scrutinise enquiries.
- Assess technical issues.
- Prepare take-offs and material schedules.
- Prepare subcontract enquiries and evaluate quotations.
- Prepare outline programmes.
- Coordinate subcontract packages.
- Liaise with main contractors, sub-contractors and architects.
- Participate in tender handover meetings.
- Undertake quantity take-offs and scheduling
- Produce estimates from first principles.
- Work on multiple tenders and budgets.
The ideal person will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a similar role
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Skills to review construction drawings.
- Aptitude to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional attitude representing the company.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
In return we offer a competitive salary, auto enrolment pensions scheme, 22 days holiday rising to 25 days, free parking and excellent working conditions. Working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm